AEP – Medicare Annual Enrollment Period
Some call this “open enrollment” but it’s technically AEP.
- Runs from 10/15-12/7 – during this time, you can make plan changes
- Your notice of plan changes (ANOC – Annual Notice of Change) arrives in your mailbox by October 1st.
- If you are working with an agent, this allows them to start discussing what’s going to happen with the plan changes October 1 (but not prior to October 1.)
- If you choose to apply for or evaluate a plan, you can do so beginning October 15, through December 7.
- Those plan changes take effect January 1st, of the upcoming calendar year.
Your health and safety are of utmost importance.
We will work together in a safe and productive manner during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Traditionally, all appointments have been in-person. This year, we will be setting up appointments via telephone, virtually (by computer) or in-person. Note, that for everyone’s safety, and per Minnesota law, a face covering is required for in-person appointments.
Prepare for your call / appointment:
It is important that you prepare for your appointment by having the following information handy:
- Annual Notice of Change; arrives by 10/1. Review it carefully.
- List of medications – specific name, strength, frequency
- Pharmacy name
- Providers you need looked up (doctors, clinics, etc.)
We are here for you!
Town & Country Insurance has a dedicated team of licensed agents, who have been training & certifying for 2021 Medicare Annual Enrollment and are ready to serve you! Our Life & Health team is made of Jeni, Holly & Barb. Find out more below:
Jeni Olander – Works out of the Hinckley office and is available to meet by appointment. She brings over 16 years of experience, is knowledgeable, and helps to make you feel comfortable. Even as stressful as insurance can be, you’ll leave her office smiling!
Holly Alleman – The newest licensed agent in the Hinckley office, and answers the majority of incoming calls, inquiries and emails related to life and health insurance. Holly has a background in the pharmaceutical industry, and brings that experience and knowledge to our team, rounding out the customer experience.
Barb Rabe – Works out of the Hinckley office and brings over 25 years of experience. She leads our educational presentations and video shorts, to help educate those on the important topic of health insurance. Barb will be taking appointments via Zoom and phone this enrollment season. This allows those to meet in the comfort of their own home, safely and securely.