So what is Medicare?
Watch this short video, or read below for Basic Medicare Facts.
Here are some basic Medicare facts, for those who are approaching Medicare eligibility in the next few years and curious about planning for their future.
- Medicare is a government health insurance program, and you sign up through the Social Security Administration (SSA.)
- You are eligible at age 65, even if you don’t retire.
- Some folks get it under age 65 if they’ve got certain disabilities and if they are eligible in drawing social security benefits.
- It’s administered by an agency we termed CMS, which stands for Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and is a federal agency.
- It’s basic, affordable insurance. Most people look to private companies for additional coverage.
- Medicare was created in two parts: Part A and Part B, and together this is called Original Medicare. Some call it “traditional Medicare” but you’ll see Original Medicare in most written material.
- There are possible penalties if you don’t sign up for certain parts timely.
- Some folks do delay Medicare, without penalty, if they are still working and on active group insurance.
Town & Country Insurance has a dedicated team of licensed agents, who have been training & certifying for 2021 Medicare Annual Enrollment and are ready to serve you! Our Life & Health team is made of Jeni, Holly & Barb. Find out more below:
Jeni Olander – Works out of the Hinckley office and is available to meet in the Finlayson and Mora offices by appointment. She brings over 16 years of experience, is knowledgeable, and helps to make you feel comfortable. Even as stressful as insurance can be, you’ll leave her office smiling!
Holly Alleman – The newest licensed agent in the Hinckley office, and answers the majority of incoming calls, inquiries and emails related to life and health insurance. Holly has a background in the pharmaceutical industry, and brings that experience and knowledge to our team, rounding out the customer experience.
Barb Rabe – Works out of the Hinckley office and brings over 25 years of experience. She leads our educational presentations and video shorts, to help educate those on the important topic of health insurance. Barb will be taking appointments via Zoom and phone this enrollment season. This allows those to meet in the comfort of their own home, safely and securely.